Save the date: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 11am-12:45 pm EDT (3-4:45 pm UTC)
The Sri Swami Madhavananda World Peace Council in collaboration with Yoga in Daily Life USA and the International Day of Yoga Committee at the United Nations is hosting an on-line summit as part of the UN Water Conference 2023 and in honor of the United Nations decade dedicated to water. All are welcome to join!
The Council’s feature event is the “World Peace Summit”. The Summit is an annual event to raise global awareness, as well as spiritual, social and political resolve to secure lasting world peace and to demonstrate tolerance, respect and understanding by acknowledging ‘unity in diversity’.
From 2nd-4th October, 2009, the World Pecae Summit – The Message of Mahatma Gandhi and Sri Swami Madhavananda took place in the city of Szombathely, Hungary. Mahatma Gandhi and His Holiness Sri Swami Madhavananda were outstanding spiritual leaders of our time, and their messages of peace, nonviolence and truthfulness is more than ever relevant to our troubled world.
The 6th annual World Peace Summit under the auspices of the Sri Swami Madhavananda World Peace Council, in cooperation with the Slovak Yoga Union took place in Bratislava, on October 5-7.
- Peace Prayers
- Peace Tree Planting
- About World Peace Summits
- Summit history
- World Peace Summit Szombathely, Hungary, 2009
- World Peace Summit Wellington, New Zeland, 2008
- World Peace Summit Bratislava, Slovak Republic, 2007
- World Peace Summit Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2006
- World Peace Summit Zagreb, Croatia, 2005
- World Peace Summit Brno, Czech Republic, 2004
- World Peace Forum Sydney, Australia, 2003
- International Conference Vienna, Austria, 2002
- Forums, Conferences, Celebrations